Sunday, August 3, 2008

Reflections on Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2008

The recent inductees of the Pro Football Hall of Fame took place this weekend in Canton, Ohio. Here's some thoughts and reflections about the new hall of fame class:

*You don't realize you're old until you start seeing players that you watched growing up get enshrined in the Hall of Fame. This started happening a few years ago and again some more players that I watched as a kid went in to the Hall. It's interesting to watch highlights and it reminds me of growing up and watching these players as a kid and it makes me a little nostalgic.

*One of my favorite players growing up was Darrell Green. I loved watching him playing cornerback. He was the type of player that when you think about speed, he was that kind of guy. He was also very consistent as well. Game in and game out, you got a player who would give you everything he had and he was great at it. He is also a very comitted follower of Jesus. This was also something that I greatly admired in him. He's one of the good guys that got the recoginition he deserved.

*Another Redskins player that I grew up watching was Art Monk. I loved (and still love) the position of wide receiver. Before it became the "prima donna" position, you had guys like Art Monk. He was one of those guys that would consistently make plays and win games for you. He was a part of those Super Bowl teams during the 80s for the 'Skins. He, along with Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders, were one of the best recevier corps in the league during that era. His induction was long overdue and I was glad that he did.

No comments: