Sunday, August 10, 2008

Reflecting on The Olympics (Opening Weekend)

The 2008 Summer Olympics started this weekend. I love the Olympics, partly because of the world competition and partly because it falls on Leap Year (well the Summer ones do). It's one of those times I wish I had cable but at least during the weekends there's a lot on regular TV.

I love how the Olympics help to promote stories as well as events. It's so interesting to learn about the background of the athletes both of the favorites and the underdogs.

It's during the Olympics that events such as swimming, track and field, gymnastics get the main attention. It's the only time I'll root for a team with Kobe Bryant on it. It's the time when there are compelling stories about people that transcend nation and race. In some ways, it's a reflection in some way of how the church is supposed to be. The church made up of people of every nation, people group, language all coming together to celebrate and worship.

So, if you want to know what I'll be watching the next few weeks, this is it :)

No comments: