Monday, August 18, 2008

Predictions for the 2008 College Football Season

As a break from blogging about the Olympics, it's almost time for my favorite time of the year...football season! And as a way of showing how right and wrong I can be, I'll be doing predictions on the college and pro level. This entry will be focused on college. First, here's my predicions for the conference champions:

ACC: Virginia Tech
Big 12: Missouri
Big East: Connecticut
Big Ten: Illinois
Conference USA: University of Central Florida (UCF)
Mid-American: Ball State
Mountain West: Air Force
Pac-10: Arizona State
SEC: Tennessee (I know I'm a homer)
Sun Belt: Troy
WAC: Boise State

Other prediction:

Washington will make a bowl game (yes I know another homer pick)

Heisman winner: Chase Daniel - QB, Missouri

National Championship: Arizona State vs Missouri

National Champion: Missouri

So there you go, feel free to agree or disagree and give your opinion on the subject.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I picked Georgia toward the end of last year as my fave to win it all. Now that they're #1 and highly touted, I'm inclined to look elsewhere, but I really don't know enough about who other schools have lost or about the incoming freshmen, so I guess I'll stick with Georgia. I'll throw Ohio State in the final again to get beat by another SEC team.