Monday, January 17, 2011

Interesting and Cool Experiences Last Week

Last week I had two cool things happen to me that I wanted to share with you, my faithful readers.

The first was this.  To preface, I follow Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Twitter.  This past Monday, he tweeted that the first 25 people to e-mail the publishing company that published his book "Win Forever" would get a free copy of it.  I thought to myself "Why not?" and so I did.  A few minutes later, I get an e-mail back from a representative of the publishing company saying they would love to send me a free copy and asked for my mailing address.  A few days later, I get the book sent FedEx and it didn't cost me a thing, not even for shipping and handling.  That was pretty cool.

The second cool thing also came about initially through Twitter.  One of the guys who works at the radio station that is the broadcast home of the Tennessee Titans & also works for Titans Radio as their "insider" Jonathan Hutton, tweeted this past Tuesday that he was looking for someone to write an article for Titans Radio website.  All season, they have this section called the 12th Man and they have fans submit articles and post them.  Hutton was asking for someone to do it for January.  I thought to myself again "Why not?"  So I e-mailed him about being interested in writing the article.  I get an e-mail that evening saying I was selected to write it and gave me the parameters on it.  I wrote the article in about 15 minutes, edited it and sent it off.  On Thursday, it was published and is on the website now.  Here's a link to the article here.

It was some pretty cool experiences and with some stories worth sharing.

No comments: