Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Wild Card Weekend Predictions

The first entry in 2011 is predictions for the start of the 2011 NFL playoffs, Wild Card Weekend.  After an up and down season, the playoffs are here and should be interesting.

(FYI, this is my opinion, the main thing is who I'm picking & not the score...)

On Saturday the first game is the Saints verses the Seahawks.  The defending Super Bowl champs vs a division winner that finished with a losing record at 7-9.  The Saints are banged up but they do have a lot of talent.  The Seahawks have the underdog role and Qwest Field advantage.  I like the Saints, I really do.  But I have to go with the Seahawks and the upset.

Seahawks 20 Saints 17

The second game on Saturday is the Jets verses the Colts.  The Jets have been a hard team to figure out.  They have beaten top teams like the Patriots and Steelers but have lost some unexplainable games.  The Colts made the playoffs on the last week and have overcome a lot of injuries.  I think Peyton will prevail in this matchup.

Colts 27 Jets 17

The first game on Sunday is the Ravens verses the Chiefs.  The Ravens aren't the Ravens of previous years but they are annoyingly tough.  The Chiefs are a surprise division winner and are hosting their first playoff game since 2003.  I don't like the Ravens at all so it makes it easier to make this pick.  My Kansas City friends will be happy as I think the Chiefs will roll.

Chiefs 31 Ravens 10

The final game is the Packers verses the Eagles.  This is probably the most intriguing matchup of the weekend.  The Packers are probably the most dangerous team in that you don't know what to expect.  They are one of those teams that could make a deep run.  The Eagles have some explosive offensive players including the should be Comeback Player of the Year Michael Vick.  This one is a tough one to pick.  I'm going with the Packers in this one but it'll be close.

Packers 34 Eagles 31

No comments: