Thursday, July 10, 2008

Reflections on the 2008 Major League Baseball Season So Far...

Well were near the halfway point of the season with most teams having played over 81 games and the All-Star break next week, so I figured I'd look back and see how my predictions held up/not held up this far into the season.

I obviously was off about Colorado, Seattle, Cleveland and somewhat with the Mets but I was right about Boston, Chicago Cubs and Milwaukee. Given that at least there is still the option of the World Series prediction holding up (Boston vs Milwaukee) here are the updated predictions:

AL East: Boston (yes still Boston)
AL Central: Chicago White Sox (in a close one with Minnesota)
AL West: Anaheim (I'm not calling them LA) Angels
AL Wild Card: Tampa Bay

Surpise 2nd half AL team: Toronto

NL East: Philadelphia
NL Central: Chicago Cubs
NL West: Arizona
NL Wild Card: Milwaukee

Surprise 2nd half NL team: San Diego

*Richie Sexson was released by the Mariners today. I kind of saw it coming and in a sense kind of glad they did it because they needed to make a change. I feel bad for him. I was there pretty much his entire Mariners career except for this season. He never really lived up to expectations with the money the team gave him. I hope it can be a win-win situation with the team finding a better way to use that freed money and him finding a team where he can contribute.

No comments: