Monday, July 28, 2008

Fourth Royals Game...In Review

On Friday, I went to my fourth Royals game of the season. This time they played the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays. The last time I saw the Rays play was in 2005 back when I was in Seattle. And just like that time, my friend Kyle and I got tickets from a scalper. We ended up getting tickets that regularly go for 25.00 each for 20.00 each so it wasn't a bad deal at all.

It was Buck Night/Fireworks Friday at the ballpark. That meant hot dogs, peanuts and small cokes were a dollar each. I admit I had several hot dogs that night (four to be precise). That was probably the most hot dogs I've had in a long time.

The game was an interesting one. The first five innings or so went by rather quick. Then it really slowed down. Unfortunately, the Royals lost 5-3. They are now 1-3 in games I go to this year.

Afterwards, they had the fireworks display. It was one that rivals any Fourth of July fireworks displays. I must say it was one of the better fireworks shows I've seen.

Overall, it was a good time, though it would have been nice if the Royals had won the game...

No comments: