Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First Royals Game of 2009....In Review

Yesterday, I made it out to my first Royals game for 2009. I went with my friends Kyle and Lane to check out the team and the newly renovated Kauffman Stadium. Some thoughts and highlights from yesterday:

-It was COLD! It was about as cold as the game last year vs. the Twins. The temp was in the low 40s at gametime and was pretty much cold all night which made for a little shivering here and there.

-The stadium looks cool. It's a lot more open and the outfield part is very interesting. And the seats we had were awesome. We had left field seats right above the bullpen of the opponents for the evening, the Cleveland Indians. I hadn't set in true outfield seats since I lived in Seattle and the view was great.

-The game itself was a good one. The Royals won 4-2 thanks to a 3 run first inning along with a Home Run by Mike Jacobs. Zack Grienke struck out 9 batters in five scoreless innings and Joakim Soria came in in the ninth and got the save. There even was some good ribbing from some of the fans around where we were sitting of the Indians left fielder Trevor Crowe. It was really funny and has gotten me to adopt him as a player to like kind of like in football there is Sage Rosenfels.

Overall it was a great time and a 1-0 start to games I've been to. I've already got on my calender the next one I'm going to, April 25th. I will blog about that one as well and hopefully have some pics up as well.

No comments: