Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mariners/Royals...Sixth Royals Game of 2009 in Review

Yesterday I was able to take in my first baseball game in over two months. Fittingly, it was the Royals/Mariners, the second time this year I've seen these two teams play. Of course, I was supporting the Mariners wearing my Griffey jersey and M's hat.

It was 80's night at the ballpark. There was 80's music played throughout and some people dressed like it was the 80's. It was also Buck Night which meant hot dogs, cokes, peanuts and programs were $1 each.

The game itself was a good one....at least for a Mariners fan. Lots of runs put up, including 6 in the 4th inning. There were some Royals highlights including a home run by Billy Butler and one by Alex Gordon. That along with a cat running around on the field were pretty much the only cheering moments the Royals had as the M's took the game 11-6.

I was very happy as this was the first time the Mariners had beaten the Royals at a game I've went to (they were 0-2 in previous attempts) though I felt bad for the Royals as they've went in the tank since I saw them last in May. Right now they're 3-3 in games I've attended. Hopefully they'll at least get competitive in the month and half of the season.

No comments: