Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reflections on Plaxico Burress

This is one that I've mulled on a litle recently, the incident involving Plaxico Burress shooting himself. I'm not the only one as a wise man (notice I didn't say wise guy) as already commented on it on his blog (which you should check out, http://billyvsquickhits.blogspot.com/). I'll just add my two sense here.

I found it ironic that the incident happened on the same weekend as the Washington Redskins honored Sean Taylor who was tragically shot and killed in his home by robbers. I think too often there is a lack of common sense that seems to permeate in situations like the one involving Burress. There is an old saying that seems to work well..."Nothing good happens at (fill in the blank early morning hour)". I personally don't have a problem with going to a club but if you feel like you have to carry a gun in order to go to a club, then you probably shouldn't be at that club. And I'm not against owning guns either (I have several back in Tennessee that are with my family), but there should be proper care and handling with those too and not being careless with them.

Hopefully, something can be learned from this incident, especially from Burress. My guess is he will not be with the Giants next year. Wherever he lands, I hope that he will have a better perspective on his life and those around him.

No comments: