Friday, September 19, 2008

The Clash of "Home" Teams: Seventh Royals Game in Review

Yesterday was a perfect day to go watch a baseball game. So of course I went. I didn't have any classes in the afternoon and the weather was great to take in a baseball game and the Mariners were in town. So my friend Kyle and I went to the ballpark for some midday baseball. I of course was representing my old "home" with my Mariners shirt and cap on. I swear I saw maybe four other people wearing Mariners gear. Talk about standing out, that is what I did.

The game itself was ridiculous. The Royals opened up a barrage of runs in the 4th inning and it was pretty much all downhill from there. If I wasn't a Mariners fan, I would have been completely excited. Instead, I had that bittersweet feeling. The score ended up being 12-0 which was the largest margin I've ever seen in person. Recordwise the Royals are 2-5 in games I've seen in person and both the wins have been by Zack Grienkie.

It was a beautiful day, perfect weather and other than the score a great time.

No comments: