Sunday, February 24, 2008

Predictions for the 2008 Major League Baseball Season

Along with reflections and thoughts, this blog also will have my predictions (both right and wrong) of sports. First up: Major League Baseball.

AL East:
Boston (division winner)
NY Yankees
Toronto
Tampa Bay
Baltimore

AL Central:
Detroit (division winner)
Cleveland (wild card)
Kansas City
Chicago White Sox
Minnesota

AL West:
Seattle (division winner)
Anaheim (LA) Angels
Oakland
Texas

NL East:
NY Mets (division winner)
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Washington
Florida

NL Central:
Chicago Cubs (division winner)
Milwaukee (wild card)
Cincinnatti
St. Louis
Houston
Pittsburgh

NL West:
Colorado (division winner)
Arizona
San Diego
Los Angeles
San Francisco

Playoffs:
ALCS: Boston vs. Seattle
NLCS: Milwaukee vs. Chicago Cubs
World Series: Boston vs. Milwaukee
Champs: Boston Red Sox

AL MVP: David Ortiz
NL MVP: Prince Fielder
AL Cy Young: Erik Bedard
NL Cy Young: Johan Santana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you pumping out the baseball predictions. I'm definitely ready for the baseball season to roll around, even if my Cards are going to stink it up.

The NL was kind of hard to pick. I got it down to about 3 teams, The D-Backs since they acquired Haren, the Mets with Johan, and the Phils, who I took to win it all. I think the D-Back hitters are about a year away, though they could be a force this year, especially if Randy Johnson can stay healthy for an entire season. I don't trust Randolph in NY and think he'll probably be gone by the season's end. I like the Phillies' chances.

I didn't think to pick MVPs and Cy Youngs... I think I'd go:
AL MVP - Miguel Cabrera, Det.
AL Cy Young - Josh Beckett, Bos.
NL MVP - Chase Utley, Phi.
NL Cy Young - Brandon Webb, Ari.