Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fifth Royals Game...In Review

On Thursday, I went to my fifth Royals game of the year. This one was planned before I went to the one on Tuesday. This one was to be the last one I got to before I left for overseas mission for two months. It turned out to be a pretty good time. The weather was great (sunny, high 70s/low 80s). It was a day game matchup and Zack Grienke was pitching. Some highlights:

*Before the game, me, Kyle, Tyler and Dr. Cardoza (one of the profs at Midwestern) got to the park early and did some tailgaiting. This was the first time I ever tailgated at a professional game. It was pretty cool.

*The game itself was pretty good...except for the fact that Cleveland won. The Royals had a lead when Grienke left and the bullpen/defense let him down and cost the Royals a win.

The record of games I go to now stands at 3-2. The next game I'll be able to go to will be in August when I get back from being overseas. Hopefully at that point, the Royals will still be hanging around.

No comments: