Thursday, October 2, 2008

Random Sports Reflections

There is a lot going on lately and so here is a way to hit some points in a random fashion:

*The baseball playoffs started yesterday...on cable. So that means, no watching for me at least the first few days. Of course I'm pulling for the Red Sox in the AL. In the NL, I'm supporting the Cubs and the Brewers. I would like to see a Red Sox/Cubs World Series (like I did back in 2003). We'll see if that turns out.

*I meant to write about this sooner but I wanted to share a story that has broken my heart. In the preseason, Jacksonville Jaguars OT Richard Collier was shot 14 times outside of an apartment building with a former teammate waiting for some girls to come out. This past week, he had his leg amputated. He is still alive thankfully but his life is forever changed. I have been praying for Collier and would ask those that read this blog to do the same.

*College Football teams haven't been good on my end. The records of the two teams I root for (Tennesse, Washington) are a combined 1-7. It has not been fun at all. Thankfully the two NFL teams I root for is a different story. Their combined record (Tennessee, Seattle) is 5-2, with Tennessee being 4-0 for the first time in the history of the franchise. Hopefully that will continue and that Seattle will turn things around as well.

No comments: