Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Reason #87 Why I Love College Students and Why I Feel Called to Minister To Them

There were two stories that have come out in recent weeks that really touched me. The first was already covered really well by my friends Stephen and Adam so check out their blogs to read about it. The other was about Chris Lofton, the UT basketball player who found out he had cancer right after his junior year. He was treated in the offseason and played his senior year. And though he didn't play as well as he did the previous year, he didn't use his sickness and treatment as an excuse.

When I hear about stories like these and others, it reminds me of my calling to be a minister to college students. And it encourages me that there is so much already there in the lives of students and that God brings out so much more in those who follow Him.

No comments: