Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fantasy Football Tuesday: Week 4

It was bound to happen.  In all my years of playing fantasy football, I have never had an undefeated season.  And it will not happen in the JustUs Geeks Fantasy League.  I had a feeling going into this week against my friend and fellow Union University alum Marty that I would get my first loss.  I had two of my top receivers out on the bye week plus I was still without starting TE Aaron Hernandez.  But I will say this about my team, they did not quit.  It ended up being the closest matchup by the end of the Monday Night game and I put up the second most total points of the week.  Coupled with a loss by the 2nd place team in the Autobots division, I'm still atop the Autobots division and #1 overall in the league.

After 4 weeks, I'm 3-1.  If I can do that every 4 weeks, I'll be happy with that.  Here's the recap for Week 4:

My Little Pwny Gets Past Hub City All Stars

  • My Little Pwny (3-1) 203.56
  • Hub City All Stars (3-1) 195.10
My Little Pwny registered the second-highest score of the season, stealing one from Hub City All Stars 203.56 - 195.10. This was a matchup that could have gone either way, with the 8.46-point margin of victory being the third-smallest recorded in the league this season. Hub City All Stars had two players rank highly this week. Tom Brady scored 45.00 points while the Chicago Bears Defense put up 31.00. My Little Pwny (3-1, 632.94 points) remains in second place and Hub City All Stars (3-1, 665.88 points) stays in first place.
My Little Pwny Smooth Moves
  • The 57.76 points scored by Matt Ryan was the second-highest QB score of the week and is the fifth-highest QB score in the league this season.
  • Scott Chandler had 18.20 points, the highest TE score of the week and the second-highest TE score in the league this season.
  • The Baltimore Ravens Defense has now overachieved in every game this season after scoring 22.00 points against a projected 13.42.
  • Took the Philadelphia Eagles Defense out of the starting lineup, which scored 5.00 points on the bench, fewer than the starting DEF.
  • The 21.90 points scored by Darren Sproles was the third-highest score of any RB in the league this week.
Hub City All Stars Regret Tracker
  • Did not start Owen Daniels, who beat his scoring projection with 13.20 points against a projected 5.52.
  • With 4.10 points against a projected 7.55, Sidney Rice did not meet his projection for the third straight game.
  • Hub City All Stars was dominated at the TE position, scoring 4.70 points versus the 18.20 for My Little Pwny.
  • Hub City All Stars had only 3 of their 11 starters underperform versus their projections, but they still lost.
What If
  • If My Little Pwny played Hub City All Stars every week, they would be 2-2 this season.
  • My Little Pwny would have beaten every other team in the league this week.
  • If they played the same schedule as Hub City All Stars, My Little Pwny would be 2-1.
  • If My Little Pwny had played every team in the league each week, they would be 18-10.
  • Hub City All Stars would have beaten every other team in the league besides My Little Pwny this week.
  • My Little Pwny would have lost to Hub City All Stars 198.50 - 154.82 had they played each other last week.
  • If they played the same schedule as My Little Pwny, Hub City All Stars would be 1-2.
  • If they played every team every week, Hub City All Stars would be 20-8.
Game Notes
  • This matchup featured the two highest-scoring teams in the league this week.
  • In the loss, the Chicago Bears Defense scored 31.00 points against a projected 9.95 and has now overachieved in every game this season.
  • Hub City All Stars scored 195.10 points and lost. It is the highest losing score in the league this season.
  • The 8.46-point win by My Little Pwny failed to cover the 28.35-point spread.
  • The 8.46-point margin of victory was the smallest in the league this week.
  • The 55.40 points by the WRs on Hub City All Stars was the season-high for combined points from the position.
  • Hub City All Stars could not extend their three-game win streak.
  • My Little Pwny stays undefeated in close games this season at 2-0.

No comments: