Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Random Sports Reflections on Leap Day

Today is Leap Day, otherwise known as my birthday.  Hope all of you celebrate Leap Day accordingly and responsibly.

*I'm getting excited for March Madness.  Even though the first part of the college baskeball season I really didn't keep up with things, I have in the last month or so.  Living in a city with pretty decent mid-major schools (USC Upstate, Wofford), I've got to watch some pretty good basketball.  I'm hoping both teams win their conference tourneys and make the Big Dance.  They have the ability to if things fall the right way.  Emphasis on the "fall the right way".

*Baseball season is about to get going as well.  It's weird not living in an MLB city for the first time since 2004 (Although Atlanta is only a few hours away).  I'm excited to see how the Royals will do.  They might actually do something this year hopefully.

*It's cool that in pro sports there are guys at the highest level that are living out their faith for Jesus and it's protrayed (mostly) in a positive manner in the media.  From Tim Tebow, to Jeremy Lin, to Clayton Kershaw, there are lots of examples.  I hope that trend will continue.  It's good to hear positive stories about athletes than negative ones.

No comments: