Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Flair for the Dramatics: Third Royals Game of 2011...In Review

On Thursday night, I went to my third Royals game of the year.  This time I went with my girlfriend, who is in town for a few days visiting.  It wasn't the best weather for baseball.  It was cold, windy, and rainy (the not raining hard but light rain/mist).  There were only about 9,000+ at the ballpark that night.

It was the first time I had been to a game during the week at night where they really weren't any promotions (except for the all you can eat seats).  The seats that we got were super cheap and were essentially front row in the lower level, third base side near the foul pole.

The Royals were playing division rival Cleveland (alas no Trevor Crowe as he's on the DL).  It was the last game of the series.  It was the second time in as many games I saw Sean O'Sullivan start (he started the game last Saturday too).  It was a pretty uneventful game for the most part.  I think weather played a part in that.

It came down to the 9th inning, Royals down 2-1.  They hadn't led for the entire game.  But they came through on some clutch hitting and ended up with a walk off hit by Melky Cabrera.  They ended up winning 3-2.  It was an exciting ending to say the least.  Aaron Crow picked up his 2nd major league win.

The Royals are now 3-0 in games I've been to this year.  I don't know how many more games I'll be able to make but hopefully it'll be as exciting as the end of this one was.

No comments: