Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Bowl XLV Prediction

It's time again for the Super Bowl, Super Bowl XLV.  I had an interesting picking time this postseason.  I was .500 until the Conference Championship round when i picked both games correctly.  Coming into this game, I'm 6-4 picking games.

This year's matchup is the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. the Green Bay Packers.  Two teams known for their toughness and their defenses, though they both have pretty good offenses.  Pittsburgh has won the Super Bowl twice in the last five seasons while Green Bay hasn't won since the '96 season.

I'll make this short and sweet.  I don't like Pittsburgh.  I still think back to Super Bowl XL where the refs pretty much gave the game to them against the Seahawks.  And I usually go with a rule that if I don't like a team, I'm picking against them.  Even though the Madden simulator had them winning (and they've been right except for once the past six years or so), I think one key element will play a huge factor.  Starting Center Maurkice Pouncey is out for the game.  Given the Pack's 3-4 D, it'll be tough for a backup center to hold off B.J. Raji.

I'm going with the Pack and Aaron Rodgers (part of my fantasy football team [K.C. Masterpieces] that won the championship in the Speed Kills league) to get the championship.

Packers 27 Steelers 17

No comments: