Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Back at LP Field after a Hiatus....Tennessee Titans Game in Review

I'm back after a short hiatus and the first entry back talks about a return from another hiatus....attending a Tennessee Titans game.  I was at the Titans/Texans game on Sunday.  I went with my girlfriend Casey and it was my first Titans game I've attended since December 2007.

It was cold game but not too bad.  Our seats were in the lower level in the north end zone right next to the Titans tunnel.  The sun was shining on us for pregame through essentially the first half which made it feel kinda warm.  The sun kind of hid behind the stadium for the second half and it cooled down.

The Titans, who had been cooled down for weeks, finally warmed up and essentially laid the smackdown against the Texans.  They jumped up early on the Texans in the first quarter and rolled to a victory 31-17.  Here were some observations from me:

*I liked the aggressive nature by the team.  They went for it on 4th down twice and converted both times.  They probably should have done that the week before but at least they did it this week.
*I didn't notice it was Vince Young on the sidelines until he was leaving.  I saw a guy jogging to the tunnel and he waived.  While he was doing this I turned to Casey and said "I think that's Vince Young."
*All the scoring except for the field goal at the end of the 1st half was on the other end of the field.  I was disappointed that the refs called an offsides on the Titans negating a Pick 6 where McCourty ran towards our end.

After this win, the Titans are 5-1 in games I attend (the lone loss was in a preseason game).  It's a slim chance that they can make the playoffs but with the way this season is going I wouldn't be too shocked.

No comments: