Sunday, June 6, 2010

Free Tickets and Bobbleheads: Sixth Royals Game in 2010 in Review

Yesterday, I went to my sixth Royals game of the year and the second one this week. This time, I got a free ticket to the game. My friend Kyle got the tickets from someone at the church where he serves as a youth pastor. So of course, I couldn't turn down free tickets to a Royals game. It also was a free bobblehead night as they were giving away a bobblehead of their former SP and 2 time Cy Young award winner Bret Saberhagen.

The tickets were in the Dugout Plaza which means they were really good seats. They were the closest to home plate I've ever sat at a ball game. So I got a really good view of the action. The other cool thing was it just so happened the section that we were sitting in had several of the players' wives and family. That was pretty cool.

The game itself was a pitcher's duel. The matchup was between Luke Hocheaver and Justin Verlander. Through 6 innings the score was 1-0. The game ended with a 4-2 Tigers win.

The Royals record in games I've been to this year now stands at 2-4 and for the teams I've rooted for 4-2.

No comments: