Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March Madness Brackets

It's that time of the year again. Yep March Madness :) Part of my favorite time of the year. And along with that comes filling out brackets. And I'm not the only one filling out a bracket. All across the country, people are filling out brackets in office pools, among friends, online on sites such as ESPN.com, Facebook and others. Sportscasters, athletes, and celebrities have filled out brackets. Even President Obama has his bracket filled out and posted. It is an event that draws a lot of attention.

Before I shared about my brackets, I wanted to share some video (from ESPN.com) about some people filling out brackets. First is Dwayne Wade and Samuel L. Jackson:




The second is of President Obama:




Now on to my brackets. This year I filled out the most brackets I've ever filled out (14). 10 of those on ESPN.com, 3 on Yahoo.com, and 1 on Facebook (via CBSSports.com). I filled them out in a variety of ways. I went with the scientific (Each team's record vs Tournament teams, record the last 12 games, Power rankings) as well as the random (school mascots, flip of a coin, drawing numbers out of a hat).

I do have my one go-to bracket. In that bracket, this is my final four: Louisville, Missouri, Pittsburgh and Oklahoma. The championshp game: Louisville vs. Pittsburgh. Champion: Pittsburgh

Good luck to everyone filling out brackets!

No comments: